We love cheese and spicy flavours together. I decided to make a pie that could be served at any meal using our favourite cheddar and spicy sausages.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : huntlaw
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cubed red pepper
- 1 cup cooked spinach fresh or frozen and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1 sprig dried sage
- 6 links sausages like hot Italian
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon spray oil preferred
MethodPreheat oven to 350º F. Lightly oil 9" deep dish pie pan. Open sausage links and add meat to a frying pan on medium heat. Break apart the sausages and brown like you would with ground beef. When the sausages are almost browned add the onion and cook until tender. Take off heat and add to the pie pan. Dice red pepper and add to the dish. Prepare the spinach and add as another layer. Grate the cheeses and add on top. Lightly mix everything together in the pie pan. Whip 6 eggs with milk, salt and pepper and pour over all the ingredients in the pie pan. Top with chopped sage. Bake for 1 hour at 350º F.
- Absolutely wonderful! Recommend to serve with a tomato and mozzarella salad.