Canned and smoked salmon combine to make a flavourful spread for topping grilled whole grain baguette slices or flatbread.
- Portion size 500 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2011
- 2 cans sockeye salmons drained
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pkg (85 g) smoked salmon diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped caper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
MethodRemove and discard skin and bones from canned salmon; place in large bowl and flake with fork.
In small bowl and using fork, mash butter with oil until smooth; fold into salmon.
Fold in smoked salmon, chives, lemon juice, capers and paprika. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
Nutritional facts Per 1 tbsp: about
- Sodium 81 mg
- Protein 3 g
- Calories 42.0
- Total fat 3 g
- Potassium 39 mg
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate trace
- Iron 1.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 2.0
- Vitamin C 2.0