- Portion size 8 servings
- 1 Pastry for deep 10-inch single crust pie
- 5 apples (about 2lbs/1 kg total)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry and fit into 10-inch (25 cm) pie plate; trim and flute edges. Peel and core apples; cut each into 6 wedges. Arrange wedges snugly in single layer in pie shell; drizzle with half of the cream.
In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples; dust with cinnamon. Drizzle with remaining cream.
Bake in 450°F (230°C) oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350°F (180°C) and bake for 30 to 35 minutes longer for until apples are tender, shielding edges of pastry with foil if browning too much. Let cool.