- Portion size 64 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2011
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnut
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 10 oz semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
MethodOn baking sheet, toast walnuts in 350F (180C) oven until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Let cool.
In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate. Remove from heat.
Stir in condensed milk, vanilla, baking soda and salt until smooth. Stir in walnuts.
Immediately spread in parchment paper–lined 8-inch (2 L) square cake pan. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Sodium 13 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 57.0
- Total fat 3 g
- Potassium 31 mg
- Cholesterol 2 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 6 g
- Iron 2.0
- Folate 1.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 1.0