This tasty open-faced omelette takes only 15 minutes from start to finish and is as welcome at breakfast, brunch and lunch as it is for supper.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2007
- 3 red potatoes (about 1 lb/454 g)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets and chopped peeled stalks
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
MethodScrub potatoes; cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes. In large nonstick heatproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; fry potatoes and onion, stirring occasionally, just until golden, about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) water; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender and water is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Add red pepper and broccoli; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese; cook over medium-low heat just until eggs are set, about 10 minutes. Broil until golden, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 402 mg
- Protein 20 g
- Calories 365.0
- Total fat 19 g
- Cholesterol 304 mg
- Saturated fat 8 g
- Total carbohydrate 30 g
- Iron 19.0
- Folate 39.0
- Calcium 24.0
- Vitamin A 36.0
- Vitamin C 162.0