- Prep time 15 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
- Portion size 6 servings
- 2 pouches (125 g each) Minute Rice® Jasmine Rice
- 4 teaspoons (20 mL) sesame oil
- 1 lb (500 g) beef sirloin , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) prepared kimchi , coarsely chopped
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Remove rice from pre-portioned pouches; set aside.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook beef, stirring occasionally, for 2 or 3 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the teriyaki sauce; cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until beef is well coated. Transfer to bowl; keep warm.
Stir remaining teriyaki sauce and 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) water into skillet; bring to boil. Add rice and reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in beef and let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Serve rice and beef mixture in romaine leaves with kimchi. Garnish with sesame seeds (if using).
1. Serve with Sriracha hot sauce and sliced green onions if desired.
2. It’s easier to slice the beef thinly if you freeze it slightly first.
Nutritional facts Per serving
- Fibre 1 g
- Sodium 810 mg
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 20 g
- Calories 240
- Total fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 40 mg
- Total carbohydrate 21 g