- Portion size 6 servings
- 3/4 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped plum tomato
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices (1/4 inch/5 mm thick) 3-inch(8 cm) wide eggplant
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
In bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, tomato, 2 tablespoons (25 mL) of the oil, parsley, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) of the salt and pepper; set aside.
Brush both sides of eggplant slices with remaining olive oil; sprinkle with remaining salt. Arrange half of the eggplant slices on baking sheet; top evenly with bread crumb mixture. Sandwich with remaining eggplant slices.
Bake in oven, turning once, for about 20 minutes or until browned.