- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 fennel bulb
- 4 roasted red peppers drained and sliced
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g total)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Pernod
- 2 tablespoons licorice flavoured liqueur
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
Cut stalks off fennel. Cut fennel in half crosswise; remove core. Cut each half into 8 thin slices. Place 4 slices in centre of each of four 18-inch (45 cm) long piece of parchment paper or foil. Sprinkle with red peppers. Top with salmon.
In small bowl, combine oil, Pernod, garlic, parsley, lemon rind, salt and pepper; spoon over salmon. Fold long edges of paper together, overlapping to seal; securely; seal ends and fold toward middle.
Bake on baking sheet in 425°F (220°C) oven for about 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork. Serve with lemon wedges.