A few pantry staples and just 10 minutes of cooking gives you a pasta dish that is sure to become a weeknight favourite.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2007
- 10 oz 300 g fettuccine pasta
- 10 oz 300 g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup sliced green olive
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers drained, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, about 8 minutes. Reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking water, drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry garlic and hot pepper flakes until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add olives, half of the parsley, the capers, orange rind and juice, and anchovy paste (if using); cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add to pasta and toss to coat, adding enough of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten, if necessary. Stir in remaining parsley.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 834 mg
- Protein 10 g
- Calories 378.0
- Total fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 56 g
- Iron 23.0
- Folate 70.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 6.0
- Vitamin C 13.0