This vibrant green salad celebrates spring with every bite.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2009
- 1 cup fresh pea
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 12 asparagus spears cut into 5-inch lengths
- 3 cups fiddleheads
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
MethodIn large pot of boiling salted water, blanch peas until tender, 1 to 4 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to large bowl of ice water; set aside.
In same pot, blanch asparagus until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. With slotted spoon, add to peas.
In same pot, blanch fiddleheads for 5 minutes. Drain and add to peas.
Drain vegetables and pat dry. Halve asparagus spears lengthwise.
In large bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper; stir in mint. Add fiddlehead mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 437 mg
- Protein 9 g
- Calories 188.0
- Total fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 4 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 13 g
- Iron 21.0
- Folate 44.0
- Calcium 7.0
- Vitamin A 42.0
- Vitamin C 45.0