- Prep time 15 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 pouches (125 g each) Minute Rice® Basmati Rice
- 1 lb (500 g) fish fillets (such as tilapia, haddock or cod), cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) canola oil
- 1 pkg (340 g) coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared coleslaw dressing
- Lime wedges
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) tomato salsa (optional)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) guacamole (optional)
Cook rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, toss fish with Cajun seasoning and salt. In large, nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook fish in batches, adding more oil as needed, for 2 or 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Toss coleslaw with dressing.
Divide rice evenly among 4 shallow bowls. Top with some of the coleslaw, fish and lime wedge. Serve with salsa and guacamole (if using).
- To cut down on preparation time, use frozen fish sticks. Cook according to package directions.
- This dish is also delicious with salsa verde.
Nutritional facts Per serving
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 680 mg
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 26 g
- Calories 360
- Total fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 50 mg
- Total carbohydrate 30 g