- Portion size 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/4 cup minced gingerroot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 8 cups cubed, peeled butternut squashes about 3lb
- 1 tomato chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaf
In large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, celery, ginger, fresh and ground coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, lemon rind, turmeric and hot pepper flakes, stirring until aromatic and onions are softened, 5 to 8 minutes.
Stir in squash and tomato; pour in stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
In blender or food processor, puree soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to clean saucepan; reheat until steaming. Stir in coconut milk; heat through. Serve sprinkled with coriander leaves.