Try this healthy vegetarian selection from our monthly "Make It Tonight" collection of rush hour recipes -- ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2006
- 8 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/3 cup cherry tomato quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Salsa: In bowl, combine tomatoes, green pepper, onion, coriander, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; set aside.
In bowl, whisk together eggs, 2 tbsp (25 mL) water, salt and pepper just until blended but not frothy.
In 8-inch (20 cm) nonstick skillet, melt 1 tsp (5 mL) of the butter over medium heat. Pour one-quarter of the egg mixture into skillet; cook until almost set, gently lifting edge with spatula to allow any uncooked eggs to flow underneath, about 3 minutes.
Spoon 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the salsa onto half of the omelette; sprinkle 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the cheese over salsa. Fold uncovered half over top; cook for 2 minutes. Slide onto plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with remaining salsa.
Nutritional facts <b>Per each of 4 servings:</b> about
- Sodium 397 mg
- Protein 17 g
- Calories 285.0
- Total fat 22 g
- Cholesterol 399 mg
- Saturated fat 9 g
- Total carbohydrate 5 g
- Iron 11.0
- Folate 29.0
- Calcium 14.0
- Vitamin A 28.0
- Vitamin C 33.0