- Portion size 8 servings
- 1/2 cup pistachio nut shelled
- 4 oz pancetta cut_in 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices
- 4 oz lean bacon cut_in 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices
- 10 cups baby frisée greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberry
- 1/4 cup cranberry cocktail
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Cranberry Vinaigrette: In bowl, whisk together cranberry cocktail, vinegar, shallot, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper; slowly whisk in oil. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day; whisk before using.)
Spread pistachios on baking sheet; toast in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until fragrant; let cool. Coarsely chop and set aside. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.)
In large skillet cook pancetta for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp; transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble into small pieces.
In large salad bowl, toss baby fris?greens with cranberry vinaigrette. Add pistachios and cranberries; toss again. Sprinkle with pancetta.