Blanching vegetables (immersing vegetables in a large amount of boiling water for a very short time) brings out their colour and makes them easier to digest than if eaten raw. This colourful assortment is perfect with a summer barbecue.
- Portion size 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli floret
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup quartered patty pan squash or coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup snow pea
- 1 cup cherry tomato halved
- 2/3 cups thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
Individually and using steamer basket, plunge broccoli, cauliflower, squash and snow peas into boiling salted water; boil for 2 minutes. Immerse under cold running water for 30 seconds or until cool. Drain well; transfer to large bowl. Add tomatoes and onion.
Dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, Parmesan cheese, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic; pour dressing over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Protein 2 g
- Calories 110.0
- Total fat 10 g
- Total carbohydrate 6 g