- Portion size 8 servings
- 1 rump oven roast (2-1/2 lb/1.25kg)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot (or 1 tbsp/15mL ground Ginger)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Place roast on rack in small roasting pan. Combine garlic, ginger, oil, mint, pepper and salt ; spread all over roast. Pour 1 cup water into pan.
Roast in 500°F (260°C) oven for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 275°F (140°C); roast for 30 minutes. Stir honey with vinegar; brush one-third over roast. Roast, basting twice with remaining honey mixture, until thermometer registers 140°F (60°C) for rare, about 40 minutes, or until desired doneness.
3. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.