Flavoured butters, also known as compound butters, are a great way to dress up boiled lobster without taking away from the rich meat's natural briny sweetness. These butters are also delicious with other seafood; grilled fish, chicken or meat; or steamed vegetables.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2011
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded red hot pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded green hot pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
MethodIn bowl, mash together butter, ginger; hot peppers, lime zest, lime juice; and salt. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze in airtight container for up to 2 months.)
Melt in saucepan over low heat; serve with lobster.