This juicy chicken, with its sweet and sour glaze, from the May 2004 issue of Canadian Living ("Yes, Have Chicken Tonight!") is so simple that you can make it from start to finish in 15 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes or noodles.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2004
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled rosemary
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In shallow dish or plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken and turn or shake to coat.
In large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; fry chicken, turning once, until no longer pink inside, 12 minutes. Remove to plate and keep warm.
Add remaining oil to pan; cook garlic and sage just until golden, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with any remaining flour; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in stock, vinegar and honey; cook until thickened enough to coat back of spoon.
Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan, turning to coat; cook until chicken is glazed, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 433 mg
- Protein 41 g
- Calories 311.0
- Total fat 10 g
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 12 g
- Iron 9.0
- Folate 7.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 1.0
- Vitamin C 5.0