Bonus: Use Either Tofu or Chicken Tofu, made from soybeans, adds a good source of protein to a meatless meal. If set with calcium sulfate or calcium chloride (check the list of ingredients), it will also give a bone-strengthening boost to your day's nutrients.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 bag (500 g) broccoli and carrots
- 1 pkg (400 g) precooked Chinese noodles
- 1 cup chopped extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanut
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (optional)
In wok or large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook onion, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in curry paste; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in stock and chutney; bring to boil.
Add mixed vegetables; cook for 3 minutes.
Under warm running water, loosen noodles; add to pan. Add tofu; cook over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Serve sprinkled with peanuts, and coriander (if using).
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 283 mg
- Protein 22 g
- Calories 519.0
- Total fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 73 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 87 g
- Iron 27.0
- Folate 38.0
- Calcium 14.0
- Vitamin A 90.0
- Vitamin C 83.0