- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 1 bone-in smoked ham 12 to 15 lb (5.5 to 6.75 kg)
- 1 bottle beer
- 2/3 cups strained mango chutney
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Place ham, meaty side up, in roasting pan; pour beer over ham. Cover with foil, tucking around pan to keep in beer aromas. Roast in 325°F (160°C) oven for 2 hours, basting occasionally with beer.
Meanwhile, in bowl, stir together chutney, sugar, Dijon and dry mustards, ginger and vinegar. Set aside.
Remove ham from oven. Slide sharp knife under skin and lift off gently. Trim fat layer to 1/4 inch (5 mm). Diagonally score fat side of ham in diamond pattern.
Brush about one-third of the mustard mixture over ham. Roast, brushing twice more with mustard mixture, until crusty and rich caramel brown and meat thermometer registers 140°F (60°C), about 1 hour.
Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 20 to 30 minutes before carving.