For this fresh dip, go for a full-fat yogurt. You need only a little to add a refreshing note to the vine leaves.
- Portion size 500 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2006
- 2 cups Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peeled cucumber seeded and diced
MethodIn refrigerator, drain yogurt through cheesecloth-lined sieve set over bowl until thick enough to mound on spoon, about 2 hours.
Mix in garlic; mint; olive oil; salt ; and cucumber.
Nutritional facts Per 1 tbsp 15 mL : about
- Sodium 23 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 18.0
- Total fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 3 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 1 g
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 1.0