Inspired by the popular Thai salad, this green mango salad recipe will wake up your senses.Tangy and full of texture, this cashew-studded salad travels well for pot lucks and makes a great starter or side to just about anything.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2004
- 1/3 cup chopped cashew
- 1/3 cup chopped peanut
- 2 mangoes 2 lb/1 kg total
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 sweet red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
In skillet or toaster oven, toast cashews over medium heat until fragrant and golden, about 8 minutes; set aside.
Cut pointy ends off mangoes. Set each mango on cut end. Using serrated knife, cut off peel. Cut flesh on either side of flat pit into thin slices; stack and cut into thin strips.
In bowl, whisk together coriander, mint, lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, oil and chili sauce. Add mangoes, red pepper and onion; toss to coat. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.) Sprinkle with cashews.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 318 mg
- Protein 3 g
- Calories 189.0
- Total fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 35 g
- Iron 8.0
- Folate 18.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin A 71.0
- Vitamin C 137.0