- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2003
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 carrots grated
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup whole wheat
- 1 cup regular couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
In small saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, salt, pepper, green peas, carrot and lemon rind stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes.
Pour in chicken stock bring to boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Add parsley and lemon juice; fluff with fork.