The vibrant colours in this dish brighten up any menu. Red and yellow peppers mature for three to six weeks longer than the green to develop colour and sweetness.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2007
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 4 sweet peppers (red, yellow and green)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallots finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
MethodSeed, core and cut sweet peppers into 1/2-inch (1 cm) wide strips.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry garlic and shallot until softened, about 2 minutes.
Add sweet peppers, salt and pepper; fry, stirring often, until tender-crisp, about 7 minutes.
Add vinegar; cook, stirring, just until evaporated, about 1 minute.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 146 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 100.0
- Total fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 10 g
- Iron 5.0
- Folate 9.0
- Calcium 1.0
- Vitamin A 18.0
- Vitamin C 253.0