- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Jodi Borneman
- 8 oz skinless boneless chicken breasts about 2 breasts
- 2 cups Italian bread cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 anchovy fillets minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups romaine lettuce torn
MethodPreheat the over to 425 F.
Spray a grill or non stick grill pan with cooking oil and heat to medium high.
Cook the chicken for 6 minutes per side or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Let cool and dice the chicken breasts.
Place the bread cubes on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking oil. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
Combine the egg, 3 tbsp of the parmesan cheese, anchovies, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and pepper in a small food processor and process until smooth (or use a whisk). Slowly add the olive oil, mixing until thickened.
Toss the chicken, croutons and romaine in a large serving bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese.