- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 cups trimmed snow peas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 oz buckwheat noodles
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered spanish onion
- 1/4 cup snipped chives (green part only)
- 1/4 cup snipped green onion (green part only)
- 4 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 2/3 cups light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
In pot of boiling water, cook snow peas for 1 minute or until tender-crisp. Drain and refresh under cold water; pat dry. (Make-ahead: Wrap in tea towel and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)
Brush chicken with oil; cook on greased grill over medium-high heat, turning once, for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Let cool slightly; slice thinly on diagonal.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles for 5 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain and refresh under cold water; drain again. (Make-ahead: Place in bowl of cold water in refrigerator for up to 2 hours; drain).
Dressing: whisk together mayonnaise, water, tahini, tamari, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce. (Make-ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day).
In bowl, toss together dressing, noodles, bean sprouts, peanuts, onion, chives and snow peas. In middle of each plate drizzle about 1 teaspoon (5 mL) tamari; mound noodle mixture on top. Fan chicken around noodle mixture.