- Portion size 24 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (3/4 inch/2 cm thick)
- 1 slice gingerroot finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
Cut chicken across the grain into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick strips. Place in glass baking dish.
In bowl, whisk together ginger, garlic, teriyaki sauce, oil, coriander, vinegar, lemon rind and juice and hot pepper sauce.
Transfer 1/3 cup (75 mL) to measuring cup; whisk in hoisin sauce and sherry. Pour over chicken, stirring to coat. Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for at least 2 hours or for up to 4 hours.
Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter, onion and 3 tablespoons (50 mL) warm water into remaining sauce. (Peanut sauce can be covered and set aside for up to 4 hours.)
Reserving marinade, thread 1 piece of chicken onto each of 24 soaked 6-inch (15 cm) wooden skewers. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat or under broiler; close lid and cook, brushing with marinade and turning once, for about 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Serve with peanut sauce.