Serve this novel salad on watercress or arugula with toasted garlic bread or grilled focaccia (flatbread) and sliced tomatoes. Use a potato peeler to shave off curls of Asiago, Parmesan or old Cheddar cheese.
- Portion size 3 servings
- 8 portobellini mushrooms
- 8 small portobello_mushrooms
- 1 can white pea beans drained, rinse
- 2/3 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 sweet red pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch arugula coarse stem removed
- 1 bunch watercress coarse stem removed
- 1 oz Asiago cheese shaved
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese shaved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together oil, white wine vinegar, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.
Cut stems off mushrooms just below cap and reserve for another use. Wipe top of caps with damp towel. Remove 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the dressing; brush over mushrooms. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; cook, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Slice if desired.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine beans, celery, onion, red pepper, parsley and remaining dressing.
Line plates with arugula; mound bean salad on top. Place 2 mushrooms on each salad. Top with cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Protein 17 g
- Calories 425.0
- Total fat 23 g
- Total carbohydrate 43 g