Most of us need to eat more greens, and adding peppery arugula to salads or serving it with this grilled chicken is a good way to start. Try spinach, Swiss chard or blanched rapini instead of the arugula if you prefer.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2004
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups arugula leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced roasted red pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper. Place chicken in shallow dish; add a little less than half of the vinaigrette, reserving remaining vinaigrette. Turn to coat chicken; let stand for 10 minutes.
Place chicken on greased grill or grill pan over medium-high heat; close lid or cover and cook, turning once, until no longer pink inside, 12 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and slice thinly on diagonal.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss together arugula, peppers, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and reserved vinaigrette. Divide among 4 plates; top with chicken.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 519 mg
- Protein 37 g
- Calories 326.0
- Total fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 84 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 11 g
- Iron 21.0
- Folate 55.0
- Calcium 25.0
- Vitamin A 45.0
- Vitamin C 160.0