Feel free to add your own toppings, such as leftover crumbled bacon, roasted chicken or deli meats to this pizza. Cut leftovers into appetizer-size fingers and enjoy with cocktails.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2011
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 pkg (about 700 g) pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Grilled Vegetables recipe cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Easy Pizza Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup bottled strained tomatoes (passata) with basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
MethodEasy Pizza Sauce: In small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring often, until softened, 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes, oregano, pepper flakes and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring, until thickened slightly, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
Sprinkle cornmeal over greased 15- x 11-inch (38 x 28 cm) rimmed baking sheet.
On lightly floured surface, roll and stretch pizza dough to fit baking sheet; press onto sheet and let rest for 10 minutes.
Spread sauce over dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Arrange Grilled Vegetables over top. Sprinkle with goat cheese and thyme. Bake in lower third of 425°F (220°C) oven until golden and bubbly, 17 to 20 minutes. Cut into 12 squares to serve.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 850 mg
- Protein 20 g
- Calories 536.0
- Total fat 23 g
- Potassium 398 mg
- Cholesterol 36 mg
- Saturated fat 10 g
- Total carbohydrate 63 g
- Iron 32.0
- Folate 56.0
- Calcium 31.0
- Vitamin A 21.0
- Vitamin C 62.0