Fresh herbs, so plentiful now, flavour this dish with no fuss at all. Serve with new red potatoes and yellow beans.
- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb fast-fry pork cutlet
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In shallow dish, lightly beat egg. In separate shallow dish, stir together bread crumbs, basil, oregano, Parmesan, thyme, pepper and salt. Dip pork into egg to coat well; press into bread crumb mixture, turning to coat all over.
In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook pork, in batches and adding remaining oil if necessary, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until just a hint of pink remains inside.
Nutritional facts Per serving, about:
- Protein 28 g
- Calories 255.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Total carbohydrate 7 g