- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2010
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 4 green onions cut into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
MethodCucumber Pickles: In small bowl, toss cucumber with salt; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain well.
Add vinegar, sugar, oil, garlic and hot pepper flakes; toss to combine.
Meanwhile, trim any fat from chicken; cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
In bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oil, sugar, ginger, sesame seeds, pepper and garlic. Add chicken and onions; marinate for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Transfer to foil-lined baking sheet; broil, stirring occasionally, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, onions are slightly charred and almost no soy sauce mixture remains, about 10 minutes. Serve with pickles.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 424 mg
- Protein 27 g
- Calories 251.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 95 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 10 g
- Iron 14.0
- Folate 11.0
- Calcium 4.0
- Vitamin A 7.0
- Vitamin C 10.0