Peas are one of the most popular frozen vegetables for a reason.
Conveniently keep a resealable bag in the freezer and you'll never be without a green side dish.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Sunday Suppers 2014
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 l) frozen green peas
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
In skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; sautee onion, garlic, salt and pepper until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add green peas; cook until hot, about 4 minutes. Add lemon rind and lemon juice; toss to combine.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 199 mg
- Protein 3 g
- Calories 70.0
- Total fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat trace
- Total carbohydrate 10 g
- Iron 8.0
- Folate 18.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 4.0
- Vitamin C 13.0