Serve this colourful salad as a light lunch or a side dish with your favourite grilled chicken recipe.
- Portion size 2 servings
- Credits : Online-exclusive recipe
- 1/2 cup dried green lentils
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula leaf
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
MethodIn large saucepan of boiling water, cook lentils until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, toss sweet potato with 1 tsp of the oil. Roast on baking sheet in 400ºF (200ºC) oven, turning once, until golden and tender, about 15 minutes.
In bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, remaining oil, salt and pepper; add lentils, sweet potato and arugula. Toss to coat; top with goat cheese.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 11 g
- Sodium 413 mg
- Sugars 17 g
- Protein 19 g
- Calories 554.0
- Total fat 25 g
- Potassium 1032 mg
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Total carbohydrate 67 g
- Iron 49.0
- Folate 125.0
- Calcium 11.0
- Vitamin A 319.0
- Vitamin C 48.0