Walnuts, like many other nuts, are high in healthy unsaturated fats, which means they can go rancid quickly. To prevent this, store all nuts in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2010
- 12 oz linguine
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 6 cups packed baby arugula leaves
- 1/3 cup shaved romano cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
MethodIn large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain and return to pot, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, in skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic just until beginning to turn golden, about 1 minute.
Stir in walnuts, bread crumbs, salt and hot pepper flakes; cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 mintues. Add to pasta along with arugula; toss to coat, adding as much of the reserved cooking liquid as desired. Sprinkle with Romano cheese.
Nutritional facts Per each of 6 servings: about
- Sodium 364 mg
- Protein 13 g
- Calories 386.0
- Total fat 16 g
- Potassium 349 mg
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 49 g
- Iron 26.0
- Folate 80.0
- Calcium 16.0
- Vitamin A 13.0
- Vitamin C 10.0