533 calories, 7.5 grams fat
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Jodi Borneman
- 12 oz linguine pasta
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup low sodium, reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot grated
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup sweet red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots cut into thin strips
MethodPrepare linguini according to package directions. Drain and keep warm. While pasta is cooking, prepare sauce.
Spray a large saucepan with non stick spray. Add onions and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil, ginger root, brown sugar, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often.
Blend cornstarch with an equal amount of water until smooth. Add to sauce, cook and sitr until sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Add cooked chicken strips, broccoli, red pepper, and carrots to sauce.
Stir well, cook for 3 - 4 minutes, until vegetables are tender crisp.
Pour sauce over warm linguini and toss to coat evenly, serve immediately.