Serve with Steamed Cabbage Wedges — Rice Pilaf.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2001
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 carrots sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In resealable plastic bag or on plate, combine flour, rosemary, salt and pepper; add chicken and shake or turn to coat. Reserve any remaining flour mixture.
In large shallow Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat; brown chicken, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
Add reserved flour mixture to pan; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in stock. Add carrots, maple syrup and vinegar; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6 minutes.
Return chicken to pan; cook over medium heat, covered, until no longer pink inside and almost no liquid remains, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in almonds and parsley.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 571 mg
- Protein 36 g
- Calories 382.0
- Total fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 93 mg
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Total carbohydrate 30 g
- Iron 19.0
- Folate 18.0
- Calcium 8.0
- Vitamin A 371.0
- Vitamin C 12.0