Bocconcini, or fresh mozzarella, comes in different sizes. Large balls can be quartered, while tiny balls aren't a good choice for this recipe. To serve, let come to room temperature to liquefy the oil; drain and serve with small skewers or forks for spearing.
- Portion size 1 serving
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2007
- 3/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 4 cups bocconcini cheese balls (1 inch/2.5 cm), drained
MethodIn bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and hot pepper flakes.
Fill two 2-cup (500 mL) jars with bocconcini balls; pour marinade over top. Seal and shake to coat. Refrigerate for 12 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 5 days.) Let come to room temperature. Drain to serve.
Nutritional facts Per ball: about
- Sodium 53 mg
- Protein 3 g
- Calories 40.0
- Total fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate trace
- Calcium 7.0
- Vitamin A 2.0