Time-saving tip: Use boneless skinless chicken breasts and you'll save an extra 15 minutes.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Special Issue: Best Chicken Spring 2008
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 chicken thighs or 4 breast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 sweet green pepper
- 1/2 cup olive
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
MethodIn plastic bag, combine flour and pepper. Add chicken; shake to coat. Reserve remaining flour mixture. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over, about 10 minutes. Remove to plate; set aside.
Add onion and garlic to pan; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add oregano; cook for 1 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add reserved flour mixture.
Stir in stewed tomatoes and green pepper; bring to boil. Return chicken to pan; reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 35 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced. Serve sprinkled with olives, parsley and lemon rind.
Makes 4 servings.