- Portion size 4 servings
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 2 marinated artichoke hearts drained and liquid reserved
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach shredded
- 2 cups packed arugula shredded
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 can (19 oz/540 m L) red kidney bean drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cups reserved artichoke liquid
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender but firm. Rinse under cold running water; drain well.
In large bowl, toss pasta with artichokes, spinach or arugula, onion and kidney beans.
DRESSING: In small bowl, whisk together wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, hot peper sauce, reserved liquid and oregano or parsley until blended.
Toss with pasta to coat.