- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Bacardi Summer Recipes
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts drained and liquid reserved
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach shredded
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 can chickpea drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cups reserved artichoke liquid
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
MethodIn large pot of boiling water, cook penne pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain. Rinse under cold running water, drain well.
In large bowl, toss pasta with artichokes, spinach, red onion and chick peas.
Whisk together artichoke liquid, wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and parsley. Toss with penne pasta to coat.