This easy, delicious recipe comes from the Kid Approved Cookbook and was submitted by the Honourable Gerry Reid, Minister of Education, formerly Minister of Fisheries. Use cod, halibut, flounder or other white fish.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 4 fish fillets about 1-1/2 lb/750 g total
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dried italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 pinch dried thyme leaf
Lay fish fillets in greased 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish. Arrange tomatoes and onion over top. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
In small bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, oil, chives and thyme. Sprinkle over top to cover. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.