Date vinegar has a sweet-and-sour fruity flavour, but the real surprise is the pistachio-stuffed date inside the goat cheese.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2005
- 2 pkg goat cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 12 dates
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nut
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon date vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
In bowl, mash together goat cheese, cream cheese and lemon rind; refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
Pit dates; stuff each with 2 pistachios.
Chop remaining pistachios and place in shallow bowl; stir in chopped chives. Set aside.
Press rounded tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of the cheese mixture around each date; roll each in pistachio mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Salad: In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; add greens and toss to coat. Divide among plates; top each with 2 dates.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 210 mg
- Protein 12 g
- Calories 323.0
- Total fat 24 g
- Cholesterol 39 mg
- Saturated fat 11 g
- Total carbohydrate 18 g
- Iron 15.0
- Folate 29.0
- Calcium 11.0
- Vitamin A 32.0
- Vitamin C 17.0