The raspberry-flavoured vinaigrette suits this salad best.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2010
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 cups packed frisée lettuce
- 2 cups chopped radicchio lettuce
- Basic Berry Vinaigrette recipe
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seed
MethodWith knife held horizontally, cut chicken breasts in half to make 4 pieces; place in shallow dish. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice; sprinkle with chipotle chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes.
Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes. Let cool enough to handle; cut crosswise into strips.
In large bowl, toss together romaine and frisee lettuces, radicchio and vinaigrette. Sprinkle with feta, pumpkin seeds and chicken; toss to combine.
Nutritional facts Per each of 6 servings: about
- Sodium 276 mg
- Protein 15 g
- Calories 174.0
- Total fat 9 g
- Potassium 440 mg
- Cholesterol 38 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 8 g
- Iron 16.0
- Folate 49.0
- Calcium 9.0
- Vitamin A 30.0
- Vitamin C 22.0