- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Maria Kent
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon medium curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can chickpea drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup each finely chopped red pepper grated carrots and diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
MethodCombine quinoa, broth, curry, cumin, coriander, honey and salt in medium pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 min.
Turn off heat and let sit covered for at least 10 min. Fluff with a fork. This can now be cooled completely or made as a warm salad.
Transfer to a bowl either cooled or warm and add in all other ingredients. Mix well. Serve warm or refrigerate for a great salad. Next day leftovers are even better.