Write the cider recipe on a card, saying that the mix works equally well with cranberry juice or red wine.
- Portion size 4 servings
- 8 slices (1 inch/3mm thick) gingerroot
- 6 strips (1 inch/25 mm wide) orange rind
- 6 strips (1 inch/25 mm wide) lemon rind
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 12 cinnamon sticks (3 inches/8 cm long) smashed
Arrange ginger and lemon and orange rind on rack; let stand until dry and brittle, about 24 hours. Break into 1/4-inch (5 mm) pieces into bowl. Add cloves, allspice and cinnamon; stir to combine.
Scoop one-quarter of the mix onto centre of 4-inch (10 cm) square double thickness cheesecloth; bring ends up and tie with string. Repeat with remaining mix.