I love the flavors of the crab and cheese together. With the spices these crab cakes have a really nice taste. I serve them with asparagus and cheese sauce with lemon herbed potatoes roasted.
- Portion size 12 servings
- Credits : Pamela Beswick
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 half lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper chili powder, Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups finely ground Caesar croutons
- 1/2 cup old Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups crab meat
MethodKeep 1 egg and half the crouton crumbs aside for later, and rinse the crab and place to one side. In a medium sized bowl mix the rest of the ingredients together. When well mixed add the crab.
Make into 12, 3-inch round patties. Take egg and beat, carefully dipping each patty on both sides and coating with the rest of the crouton crumbs. In a medium-hot frying place olive oil to just cover the bottom pan place the patties and cook for approx. 3 to 4 min on each side, they will be a medium golden brown. Place 2 on each plate and serve with vegetables.