Dinner is on the table in minutes when you have the main ingredients ready and waiting. Serve with coleslaw.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2005
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 sweet green pepper diced
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup gravy from Herbed Roast Beef Recipe
- Herbed Roast Beef Recipe sliced
- 4 whole wheat kaiser buns
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 slices Havarti
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saut?nion, garlic, mushrooms, green pepper, salt and pepper until liquid is evaporated, about 6 minutes.
Add gravy; heat through. Add beef; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, halve buns; broil until golden, about 1 minute. Spoon beef mixture over bottoms; top with cheese. Broil until melted, about 1 minute. Top with remaining bun halves.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 934 mg
- Protein 51 g
- Calories 613.0
- Total fat 28 g
- Cholesterol 106 mg
- Saturated fat 11 g
- Total carbohydrate 39 g
- Iron 41.0
- Folate 19.0
- Calcium 27.0
- Vitamin A 9.0
- Vitamin C 23.0