Pasta, veggies and cheese combine to make a tasty meal in minutes.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2005
- 1 broccoli (1 lb/500 g)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 6 cups bow tie pasta (about 12 oz/375 g)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; fry mushrooms, broccoli stems, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Add broccoli florets and stock; cover and simmer over low heat until broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup (50 mL) cooking liquid.
Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid to broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Add Parmesan cheese and parsley; gently toss to combine.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 842 mg
- Protein 18 g
- Calories 466.0
- Total fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 76 g
- Iron 28.0
- Folate 86.0
- Calcium 16.0
- Vitamin A 19.0
- Vitamin C 153.0