Look for the smallest new potatoes, walnut-size if possible, for a classy version of an old cottage favorite.
- Portion size 10 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 3 lbs new potatoes red if available
- 8 black olives pitted
- 1 red onion sliced in rings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
Scrub potatoes. For added attraction, leave very small potatoes whole and peel band of skin around middle of each one. Boil in salted water until tender. Drain and return to saucepan to dry.
Transfer potatoes to large salad bowl. Leave small ones whole and cut large ones into 1/2-inch (1 cm) slices. Add olives and onion rings.
Dressing: Combine all ingredients and pour over salad while potatoes are still warm. Mix together gently. Let cool; taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Refrigerate until serving time but bring to room temperature before serving.